Showroom for Modern HTML & CSS with SASS course
01 January 2020
Category: Learning Projects
I decided to make a showroom for projects completed in recently finished course Modern HTML & CSS with SASS from the Beginning. I have many pages that I want to build, but I wanted to start with something relatively easy, and I think it worked out OK.
What I played with while building this page:
- SASS - first, I tried with CSS, but I realized, that once you try SASS, there is no going back. SASS is worth the extra structuring of a project and managing compilation to CSS. It’s just much more convenient :)
- Used both CSS grid and flexbox. I don’t feel qualified to say for 100% yet, but it seems that Brad (the instructor of the course) was right that neither of them should be used as a single solution to every layout.
- I tried to be organized and keep the structure as it was taught in the course. I’m sure I will create my own style, but the course gave me a good foundation on how to structure a project with regard to styling that will be added later.
- I tried to make this mini project as responsive as possible. Lesson learnt: Mobile-first is not just fashion, it makes sense also from the technological point of view.
- Making web sites with HTML and CSS is made to be easy and so it is. So next step - React :)